Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Big Reveal

We have quickly hit the double digits and are now 10 weeks! Baby Yonemura is growing and sometimes making Mommy really sick in the process...(although, I have been told by many that this is a good sign and perfectly normal). I hope to lose the nausea in the coming weeks.

We have officially announced we are pregnant to our family and friends - everyone is so excited. I must make mention however that no one could be more happy than my Mom! She has waited patiently for this moment and I couldn't have been happier to tell her the good news. My Mom has often told me growing up that the greatest accomplishment in her life is her kids. As she puts it, "I was put on this earth to be your Mom and it is the best job in the world" (mind you my brothers and I did test this devotion on many occasion growing up).

My Mom naturally had to know first and from there made the painstaking wait for another week and a half to tell everyone else. My Dad's birthday was coming up and what better way to tell everyone than to have him open something special revealing our secret?

The men in my family are golfers (my Mother and I have come to accept this weekly, sometimes bi-weekly, ritual as a permanent fixture in our lives). With this golf theme/obsession in mind, I had the perfect gift! The day arrived and we went through all the birthday cards, presents and cake until finally I slid one last surprise gift to my Dad (with Mom grinning ear to ear). He reached in the bag and pulled out two small items: a white bid with the phrase "The Littlest Golfer" and a tiny pair of baby golf shoes! Everyone went wild and it was how I had always imagined that moment.

I look forward to the weeks ahead and know that through every step God has blessed me with a support team. Koto has already become obsessive with the way I sit or lay (insisting that laying on my stomach might not be comfortable for the baby). My brothers are already putting in their two cents when it comes to names and my Mom... well, let's just say we have already been crib shopping. I look forward to bringing this baby into such a loving and close family!

Here are the shoes that we bought for Daddykins (soon to be "Paw Paw") to open on his birthday! What better present is there than to get a grandchild!

2 comments:

  1. There is no better gift than a grandchild and I know your mom will be just as crazy about a grandchild as I am - they are God's way of giving you a second chance of making a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes! Couldn't wait to see what they looked like! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete