Friday, June 25, 2010

4 Weeks and Counting

It is hard for me to believe that this time four weeks ago I was preparing to meet my baby boy for the first time! Time really does have a mind of its own when you become a parent. Nolan has grown and changed so much in just 4 weeks time.



We have experienced so much in the past four weeks here are just a few memories that come to mind:
*Our (correction - MY) first night without any sleep

*All the many, many other nights without sleep - I'm amazed how little sleep a mother can get and still semi-function the next day.

*All the worries that come with attempting to breastfeed (Is my baby getting enough food? Am I doing this right?)

*Learning how to determine what Nolan is crying for (Truth is... we really just go through a check system: 1. Does he have a wet or dirty diaper? 2. Has he been feed recently or is he hungry? 3. Is he pushing and squirming due to gas?

*Sponge bathing him for the first time to his first full bath in the bathroom sink

*Finally, the estimated 260 diaper changes that have occured thus far!

On that final note, I wanted to share with everyone the difference between Mommy's diaper changes and Daddy's.
Daddy's Diaper Change -

Mommy's Diaper Change -
But no matter how the diapers get changed or the night shifts divided up one thing is certain BOTH Mommy and Daddy LOVE this little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Raven! He is even more beautiful than before! I'm so glad you're posting. The sleepless nights, cries, breastfeeding, etc. are tough, but it's all worth it when you're able to love on that sweet boy! Those first few weeks were my favorite! We were finally 2+ and it just keeps getting better. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete